Friday, May 19, 2017

Writing Woes

Writing is the most creative thankless job of addressing faceless audience.

Life and writing are easily the most exhilarating journey. While life never stops its pace for anyone, writing will never cease to exist; no matter the mistakes. Both are not easy to start after a pause but every new breadth and draft word makes you stay more and more longer with them.

My journey to get back to writing started with facts. I felt that getting into factual features will be better than personal opinions. Or maybe I was not confident about being accepted for my views. Something I am still working on.

As time would have it, the features slowly came to a stop. They felt monotonous and mechanical, despite the research. I did not feel any part of me in my own writing. And I losing any connect with my own thoughts.

Bunny recently spoke to me to share my views but I did not know how, or maybe it was the fear of acceptance. However, it was the idea of life that I wanted to live. I want to experience the joys of movie reviewing, as I would like to read and know and accept the words about a creative piece.

Despite two months of unused Unlimited Movie watching subscription with Odean, the Life lover in me made me renew my subscription and today became the first day of its usage. Two movies, both in different space of filmmaking, and I as the audience, along with my Diary and Pen in hand - it ended up being movie watching experience.

Back home, it took me some time to put the notes made during intermissions and endings into a Film Review for my other faceless blog. however by the end of both, I couldn't be more happy for the moment. My reviews were my best best effort till time to review movies like I would like to read for an expert opinion.

However, despite the happiness, I started feeling incomplete as I did not have any comments on the writing. It's like I needed an approval from the unknown faces, so I at least shared it with Bunny.He was as always supportive with his view.

Instinctively, I took to reading myself again and I actually felt good. My blog writing may be for a thankless faceless audience right now, but it makes me feel living. It's very difficult to be consistent with a theme in the entire writing, especially when its about writing on someone's else very subjective thinking, but I am an audience as much as a reviewer. I will never lose them from my drafts, no matter their number.

You can't think yourself out of a writing block;
You have to write yourself out of a thinking block.

Even a single sentence put together correctly feels like a breadth worth living. I am living good right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mohabbatein Lessons, 20 Years On!

Mar Bhi Jayein Pyar Walein.. Mitt Bhi Jayein Yaar Walein.. Zinda Rehti Hai Unki Mohabbatein.. In year 2000, filmmaker and scion ...