Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Karmapoint

Words are the most inexhaustible source of energy, capable of both healing wounds and inflicting pains.

No family is perfect. We all love, we all argue and we all fight. But it's not the unsaid things that brings distances between them, but the way we per perceive each word said to us that act as biggest termite in any relationship.

People are weird. We like to exercise our egos on the ones we are most close. It's like we take pride in testing our relationships, instead of just believing in them with all the love we can.

An argument at home is normal. Two individuals are bound to have a different of opinion. But why even start an argument with an "I am right" ego. It will definitely serve no purpose but adding more distances between the involved parties.

I have grown up being taught at home that if I know the other person is right, it is in my wise judgement to be the bigger person and stay silent with an "Achcha Ji". But as I have seen constantly over the years, the youngest me, taking this wise decision, has only led to fanning the egos among my family that they are right. Indeed, atmosphere remains calm in such situation but a lesson can not be just for one, me included.

I once read somewhere that arguments usually start on a present discourse but that particular discourse lasts for a very short time in the argument, as ego brings out the "swept under the rug" and "previously buried" matters, changing the argument into a whole lot of different discourse.

Living in my last year of 20s, I recognise that the number of matters swept under the rug have piled up to the level of elephant and this elephant in our relationship room really need to be talked about. But I can not do that just by myself; even as I struggle to not lose the faith in the light at the end of the tunnel of my life.

I have a whole lot of grievances against my family. This piece by itself would have become a whole set of pity party had I did not write multiple drafts and decide against them. I still continue to hope for the time when the family will come to me to "listen" to me. 

No matter my age, I have lived a certain life too.
No matter their hate, I have earned certain goodwill too.

I believe in Karma and will never stop working towards the Karmapoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mohabbatein Lessons, 20 Years On!

Mar Bhi Jayein Pyar Walein.. Mitt Bhi Jayein Yaar Walein.. Zinda Rehti Hai Unki Mohabbatein.. In year 2000, filmmaker and scion ...