Monday, May 15, 2017

Familiar Characters

"I don't have friends, I got family."

I have not been much of a family guy, probably because of my reservations at exposing the real self whom even I did not know. But I do have worked a lot and continue to do ever since Naniji passed away.

I still have a very clear image in my mind and heart of the time after we all came home after the cremation. Everyone had left the house and it was back to basics - Mamu and family, Prince Masadji and family and my family - just the 12 of us in one room. I kept standing in the corner near the door as Micky maami asked me to come and sit. The visual of seeing all us together reminded me of the good old times before Nanaji's death, how we all were always together. It made me realise that Naniji lived 5 years since Nanaji's death somewhere wishing to see this moment. But as one death made us all grew apart, another death brought us together.

I believe that no matter the love and care we feel for family, there is always that one member in the family who keeps all together. I aspire to live like Nanaji, and even die like him. He was a normal guy, but his life affected us all. That's the best life can offer. There was no fault in his stars.

I was not much close to him and did not cry a lot when he passed away, unlike my position after Naniji's death but I his position of respect will be his forever. He makes me be the good family guy, loved and respected by all.

Bhabhi has brought us together in a way nothing has ever. I am calm, even Bhai is calmer. We still are way away from being a perfect family together or even as individual members. But we are sitting and eating together and that's the best time of my life.

Never did we sit together for a movie at home, but it finally happened today - so what not if not in perfect way without any argument. We did see Baahubali: The Beginning like a 9PM Prime Show.

I love how the familiar characters are evolving.
I am still working out the friendships, but I got family.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mohabbatein Lessons, 20 Years On!

Mar Bhi Jayein Pyar Walein.. Mitt Bhi Jayein Yaar Walein.. Zinda Rehti Hai Unki Mohabbatein.. In year 2000, filmmaker and scion ...