Monday, May 29, 2017

Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayeinge

It isn’t the nicest feeling when you wake up very early and find out that its Gurupurab but instead of being grateful, the thought of “my religion seems to have the most such holiday occasions” takes over your mind.

From sangrand to prakash utsav to shaheedi divas.. I can take them as a burden, as “abhi to gaya tha ek” or I can see every such occurrence a new and stronger beginning of chapters of the book called Life. It’s all in the mind, and will.

I have had my reservations about my upbringing and religious lifestyle, at times very serious one, but it’s also been some time now I am working really hard to make the positives outperform the negatives in my mind and conscious.

Similarly, for every negative in life, there is a positive.

Happiness can be found even in the darkest times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.

In this dark thoughtful times, I found my happiness by turning on the light of the television for “Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge” on MAX. Apart for multiple reasons to love this film, Raj’s dialogue to Simran’s mother about his mother’s teaching can easily be termed one of the best metaphors for life, Simran being life we imagine.

ज़िंदगी के हर मोड़ पर तुम्हें दो रास्ते मिलेंगे
एक सही, एक ग़लत
ग़लत रास्ता बहुत आसान होगा, तुम्हे अपनी तरफ़ खीचेगा
और सही रास्ता बहुत मुश्किल होगा, उसमें बहुत सी मुसीबतें, बहुत सी परेशानियां होगी,

अगर तुम ग़लत रास्ते पर चलोगे, तो हो सकता है शुरुआत में तुम्हे बहुत कामियाबी मिले, बहुत खुशियां मिले..
मगर अंत में तुम्हारी हार होगी.

और अगर सही रास्ते पर चलोगे, तो भले ही शुरुआत मे तुम्हे कदम कदम पर ठोकरें मिले, मुसीबतों का सामना करना पड़े, परेशानी हो
मगर अंत में हमेशा जीत होगी

मैं सिमरन को छीनना नहीं, पाना चाहता हूं
मैं उसे आंख चुराकर नहीं, आंख मिलाकर ले जाना चाहता हूं
मैं आया हूं तो अपनी दुल्हनिया तो लेकर ही जाऊंगा
पर जाऊंगा तभी जब बाऊजी ख़ुद इसका हाथ मेरा हाथ में देंगे.

अब सिमरन आपकी नहीं, मेरी परेशानी है
आप समझ लीजिए आपने बेटी बिदा कर दी
अब तो बस डोली उठने की देर है

With a heartfelt smile and thankful heart, I will be always waking up with my Dulhania next to me.
I will be be victorious in the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mohabbatein Lessons, 20 Years On!

Mar Bhi Jayein Pyar Walein.. Mitt Bhi Jayein Yaar Walein.. Zinda Rehti Hai Unki Mohabbatein.. In year 2000, filmmaker and scion ...