Friday, May 12, 2017

The Art of Truth and Lie

Truth is always silent, being a single line.
A Lie is imaginative, spread all over. It is very loud.
Shout a lie from rooftop for hundred times, and you will find an audience to take it for the Truth – even if a Pity acceptance.

Human mind is the most powerful source of energy. How else will I explain the lie I have been shouting mostly to myself that I am mad crazy about movies. I love watching movies but I am not crazy. Watching a single movie multiple times is not crazy – it’s either trying to escape from reality or a technical check for me in the art of moviemaking. I am very intellectual about arts in general. And I realize this as I spoke to Sid from Jodhpur after what felt like ages.

Sid made a point to me that I should be in films, even though I chose journalism -  words and tone which felt like questioning my decisions, even though he tried to be careful to not disrespect me. But I am still unsure about it? I am thinking.

I have always loved movies - True.
Everyone who knows me a little bit think that I eat, breathe movies – True.
But truth be told to me today, I must have seen much fewer movies than my friends and colleagues. It’s just that I watch them very passionately and now - less and less judgmental way – that everyone think what I made myself belief too. I am just passionate about life in general and movies, for that matter any art form, is a way to create a life like a God. Art makes your mind the most powerful God in itself and its awesome.

However, I would really like to make amends starting today. I would like to watch movies, write about them. Listen to music, flow with the dance, and order jumbled words from a dictionary to make sense of my thoughts and even more as I will make time in life.


Time to conserve the energy used for shout outs for lies and patiently see the Truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mohabbatein Lessons, 20 Years On!

Mar Bhi Jayein Pyar Walein.. Mitt Bhi Jayein Yaar Walein.. Zinda Rehti Hai Unki Mohabbatein.. In year 2000, filmmaker and scion ...