Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Silence

The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people.

My silence on my present jobless status is not a tragedy. It's the patient calm inside me that is letting me live with myself as a whole. I am getting to think and clear the redundant thoughts from my soul to make a healthier space for new ones.

I no longer wish to scream. I want to listen to the silent thoughts in my head. Even they don't speak, but they do consume my energy and my soul.

A day spent at home, with a call from Shailesh Sir with a job offer at ANI. If without even asking for a job I can get one, with a major raise included, I must never doubt the goodwill my hard work has created. It's been my silent asset all this while and is speaking by itself.

Indeed it is the hardest to be at home without a job. My eyes are not able to see eye-to-eye, falling the vision on ground, but what a unique way to keep note of the movement of my own feet.

I am in no tragedy, I am just recuperating from an adventure called life. I am just tired and need time now. The length of this time is silent but I am finding greater strength in this silence.

At home, it's scary. I have never been jobless and I really don't know how to ask for a job. I am a silent recruit. The last time I asked for a job, in 2012 for Inter Globe Technologies (IGT), it was in aggression and anger can never create any good.

It was only in the end of my job at News24 that my anger had a senior colleague advice me,

"Never take any decision in anger and never promise anyone when happy."

I think about it and I feel calm in my silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mohabbatein Lessons, 20 Years On!

Mar Bhi Jayein Pyar Walein.. Mitt Bhi Jayein Yaar Walein.. Zinda Rehti Hai Unki Mohabbatein.. In year 2000, filmmaker and scion ...