Sunday, June 4, 2017

Technical Simplicity

Our Problems are Technical, not Political.

Enjoying a movie and recommending it to others can co-exist with not rating it highly for its technical aspect, and the recent release Hindi Medium falls perfectly in the category. The lowest technical point for this film for me remains the biggest creative input for a film according to me - the script. The film's script, as presented on-screen, has glaring holes and I stand by my review even weeks after watching it.

However, what I could not stand for was making my family (read, my father and brother) understand the technicality of my views over the politicality of their understanding. I called it quits on the explanation part, when Bhabhi raised her voice for peace. Art is beyond their understanding, period!

Life works mostly this way, as the audience will mostly be judgemental and I must differentiate a review from a critique. To understand a critical view, the source background has to be known to me. Someone whom I don't know and who doesn't know me (personally) either can not and must never wield power to bring me down. That power, technically, will always rest with me.

I am open to criticism, even from a pup in the house, because we grow as we commit mistake. A simple shift in food hour made Chuck cranky, and we are humans after-all. Our subconscious mind is always one-up on our sanity.

Technically, I do try to listen but it does take a toll on my patience when the other is still not joining the conversation. It is here that my patience has to be the biggest virtue. I can't let it all political, be it age, gender or monetary

Nevertheless, I need to be simpler. Because, as Albert Einstein simply put it,

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mohabbatein Lessons, 20 Years On!

Mar Bhi Jayein Pyar Walein.. Mitt Bhi Jayein Yaar Walein.. Zinda Rehti Hai Unki Mohabbatein.. In year 2000, filmmaker and scion ...