Saturday, June 17, 2017

Timely Lifestyle

The trouble is, you think you have Time.

Exhausted, Sleep-deprived, Dance feet, Drunk body and Finally on bed at 4 am – I have never got up on time on a regular day and finally on bed at 4 am – I have never got up on time on a regular day and this was extreme. Yet, I woke up on one call from Pravin Sir, got ready in time for the 11 am meeting I had mistaken for Sunday and reached the meeting venue exactly on dot time. I don’t want to see much into it, except the only intake being me now very concerned about work opportunities.

In time, I made the time for my commitment, without the excuse of a past or an Uber. I dressed well presentable and I spoke fairly well. I was not hounded by time but I realize I can unknowingly make judgments about work. The only timely thing I felt doing well was of forcing myself open my mind to knowledge of the reality I was living. I couldn’t waste time wasting sitting there.

My judgmental self came from the recollection of similar networking ideas I had been first party in past. Shockingly, I cannot even remember the ‘friend’ with whom I went to a certain Shah Auditorium in Civil Lines for a group meeting. Strange are indeed the ways time passes and encompasses my network.

However, I do remember the idea and ‘burning desire’ behind this – from my HDFC SLIC ‘job’ to seeing Naveen happy and kicked in his work with Bhabhi. I have seen the latter gain confidence and smiles unlike I ever knew it in him; so I will definitely not dismiss this engineering. But I still don’t see myself work even part-time on it – not for the money, but just I don’t want this lifestyle.

Make it a Lifestyle, not a duty.

Amidst the meeting, the one thing that hit me hard enough to feel like it will stay forever with me was the time the meeting discussed about the reason for venturing into business. I could only think of lifestyle; and for me that includes name and fame – in varied proportions obviously. I belong to an average upper middle class in terms of family earnings, but my family grew up with the lifestyle of a class. This surely brought disparities which exist even today, sadly, but I have enjoyed it so much that I would like to maintain it with the right earnings.

Interestingly, I have been terming my quest for this habitual lifestyle as a duty but now I feel that this should seamlessly flow in my ideas and views about life. Today’s meeting made me realize the people I am socializing with, and the ones I would like to maintain in my social circle. Not being a megalomaniac or vane, but there is nothing wrong in maintaining a lifestyle in my time.

Believe in yourself a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mohabbatein Lessons, 20 Years On!

Mar Bhi Jayein Pyar Walein.. Mitt Bhi Jayein Yaar Walein.. Zinda Rehti Hai Unki Mohabbatein.. In year 2000, filmmaker and scion ...