Friday, June 16, 2017

Clearly Straight

No straight lines make up my life; And all my roads have bends; There's no clear-cut beginnings; And so far no dead-ends.

There is a reason why being social helps. People may not understand the path you have been walking throughout your life but they can tell share their social knowledge about the clear path ahead. Something similar happened today at Miki Maami’s house.

I am glad I did go for the social meet, despite my reservations to go, what with my seemingly unending bad health and the upcoming party at PriveƩ in night. I was shabbily dressed, according to my own shabby records, and I was mostly silent, but when I realized at around 5 in the evening that the concern for shabbiness and my silence did not stop the time, but in fact made it a good social time pass, it was a feeling unlike any experienced before.

Having discussions about Mamu’s positives as a husband to Miki Maami’s love for the family, I realized how much I missed looking up to them. It’s not the money or army background that make them happy, it’s the passion for family love that they all respect. In between the discussions about dogs and stuff, I got the best answer for my reason to move out of the country – CLARITY IN MYSELF.

I don’t want to run away and not do I want to leave the reality. Whatever I do, I want it for a better future – Simple or Lavish, that will be my hard work. Never really looked at it this way - So simple and straight.

Before you accuse anybody of anything, get you facts straight first.

I understand a club is a club at the end of the day (or shall I say, night) but without sounding too melodramatic, for someone who has been to many many gay parties, of varied classes, going to a regular party, a straight party as my ‘community’ tags it, was still a dream. I know what happens inside a gay party, how we meet, interact with rank strangers over drinks and on dance floor. However never did I experience a straight party. Until tonight.

It was me and Bittoo for the party, after much thought permutations and combinations over two passes I purchased. Happy to have a friend in this crazy night. Happy to be myself, in all my varied perceptions, on the dance floor. We danced right, we danced funny, we danced crazy and we had a good good time.

I understand one party is not enough to know what the world is and I would like to visit many more. Maybe with a different music than EDM, maybe with a different club and more gay friends, maybe with different class with more straight friends, but I really want to see the life around. PriveĆ© or not, Captain Hook or not, Car or not – I want to live the lifestyle I grew up watching.

Keep Calm and Think Straight.
 Author's Note: Although published on June 16, 2017, this particular Post is about an experience that went on till June 17, 2017 evening. Even the day needed multitasking from another day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mohabbatein Lessons, 20 Years On!

Mar Bhi Jayein Pyar Walein.. Mitt Bhi Jayein Yaar Walein.. Zinda Rehti Hai Unki Mohabbatein.. In year 2000, filmmaker and scion ...