Friday, June 2, 2017

Feverishly Ant Life

It is not enough to be busy. So are the ants.
The question is: What are we busy about?

I have been busy writing, new topics every day. But if I be absolute critical, do I really see these writing adding anything to my future? My vocabulary is still very novice, and this is because just like a eloquent speaker needs to be a patient listener, a good writer must be well read also.

I really don't take out time to read, patiently or even in a time bound manner. The people I talk to, or the good ones I am friends with, we all are far removed from being those who make out time to read, putting almost zero pressure on me to work hard.

Even if I continue to write simply, there is no need to be feverish about its time consumption. Make notes on the phone, if not diary, and half an hour at the end of the day must suffice for a new topic.

Ants are working all the time, always in colony, but their motive is the most primitive - to stock food for the cold days. I can work like ant, but must think like a human being.

Skipping proper sleep hours, having no exercise routine and fearing any face off with the family, life can not be this feverish way for one more day. These may be simple ideas to bring a change, but it's a definite start.

Not to engage in the pursuit of ideas is to live like ants instead of like men.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mohabbatein Lessons, 20 Years On!

Mar Bhi Jayein Pyar Walein.. Mitt Bhi Jayein Yaar Walein.. Zinda Rehti Hai Unki Mohabbatein.. In year 2000, filmmaker and scion ...