Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Appetite for Love

When a man’s best friend is his dog, that dog has a problem.

I don’t remember the last time I felt like screaming out loud my eyes and heart into tears as it was seeing Chuck scared while getting a bath and blow dry. I could not even take the lump in my throat as I felt like him feeling abandoned by us. He is turning to be my best friend for all my silences. I don’t understand his word, neither does he understands my language but I feel a sense of belonging when we are together.

My love for Chuck makes me worry for him unlike I have ever worried about anyone. I don’t really know how to take it but it feels like he is my responsibility and I am ready to let go of all my wishes and dreams, or at least put these on hold, just to see him grow and ready to leave me when Mona Maasi returns from their trip. There is a strange contentment I get from the love of his tail wagging and his happy tongue sticking out for my affection, our affection.

A friendship like ours is worth all the money in world.

Lectures and scolding at home on being unknown to the importance of money hurts, I won’t lie. Especially the language and tone and volume Mandeep uses. But I have my priorities set on seeing Chuck grow and then grow out his appetite for love from me. Living the dog life, my problem life with him. Chuck is making me understand the dog life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mohabbatein Lessons, 20 Years On!

Mar Bhi Jayein Pyar Walein.. Mitt Bhi Jayein Yaar Walein.. Zinda Rehti Hai Unki Mohabbatein.. In year 2000, filmmaker and scion ...