Friday, June 30, 2017

End of an Era

What a sad era when it is easy to smash an atom than prejudice.

The only thing permanent in our lives that nothing in life is permanent. Everything that been created will have to one day or another bite the dust. That’s the basic law of nature.

We always knew Chuck is a guest in our house. Everyone in family and I made sure that he is hale and hearty during his stay. But I never imagined the extent of life that little bundle of joy toy will teach me in this period. From seeing him cry when he was handed over to us, to watch him fall into silent depression remembering his real home and members, to seeing him getting sick and scared at different times, the ever licking fuzzball created an era for me in a very short period itself.

I was confused how he will react to seeing his family and home after home. Will he recognize them or feel the same separation which he felt a month before.

Turned out, the munchkin had a great memory. He recognized Driver bhaiya who came in the morning itself, to pick up Deepali, for house cleaning before the arrival of their employer’s family in night. Chuck actually went mad seeing him. I won’t lie that it did made me a bit sad in a very strange way, but my happiness to see that he will not fall into another depression streak was way way more to let that effect me.

However, the most unexpected thing happened when Bhai and mom spoke in clear cut agreement that we will not be dropping Chuck at Maasi’s place and that they must come to pick him up if they wish so. I don’t know but I felt much weird about this stand. Was it ego? Was it some strange kind of prejudice? Was it simply attachment with Chuck? Or am I just thinking way way too much?

I don’t know..
I don’t know..
I really can’t think anything and so I just don’t know.

If it’s both terrifying and amazing, then you should pursue it.

I did not question their decision even once. It was terrifying seeing their stand, maybe because I can’t think that complex and but it felt amazing when I let them be who they want to be and instead I was getting ready according to my own wish to be able to give a proper send off to Chuck. I did whatever I wanted to pursue it and it simply felt relaxing.

From making Chuck sleep peacefully along my bedside in afternoon to having being wake up by Chuck’s licking as Bhai and Bhabhi kept him beside the sleeping me, it was one emotional ride. I was happy for sharing these last few moments with him, before his send-off.

And so it happened within few hours hence, Pricy and Sia came to an overjoyed Chuck and his lick-fest, we kept talking on road for pretty good half an hour something, Bhai apparently showed his emotional side, even as I was pretty strong to hold myself – for I had prepared myself well for this moment. I knew that my tears will be overshadowed with control if Chuck is happy. And so he was.


At this point, it’s a new Era.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mohabbatein Lessons, 20 Years On!

Mar Bhi Jayein Pyar Walein.. Mitt Bhi Jayein Yaar Walein.. Zinda Rehti Hai Unki Mohabbatein.. In year 2000, filmmaker and scion ...