Thursday, June 15, 2017

Powerful Past Allergies

Picture this:

It’s a somewhat posh restaurant and I can notice a table for four available right in the middle of the fully sold out sitting. Standing in a corner, as if coming out of the powder room, my gaze arrests my breathing as I see this short heighted guy in a red checked shirt. He is wearing glasses which seem known. He seems to have grown in age, quite handsomely, from the last time I saw him as a boy. I continue to stand still in that area, which now appears to be a restroom corner, when he walks up to me with a smile that is trademarked to make my heart feel loved. He stops by me, the smile changes into a small but funny laughter filled salutation, “Kya hua Chadz?”.

It was Mandy and this was a dream.

How did I end up waking up to his dream, like he was alive and kicking and growing old very well, like we imagined one fine day in the final semester, sitting on the front lawns of our college? How and where did this vision come into my subconscious mind, and that two early morning, which usually means “subah ke sapney sach hotey hain”, more so on a date which is like 10 years from the first time we clicked a picture of us together, on 13th June 2007 at Habitat Centre, which started our friendship, as I would remember.

My past continues to play weird games in my present. They are like allergies for my mind and body, but then again every allergy must to be cured for a overall healthier soul. I am sick of rectifying my past regrets and mistakes but they are so many and so deeply imbedded in my day-to-day life and style that it’s making me feel lazy and incompetent in their cure.

“Kya hua Chadz?”

Mandy will never come back in this mortal life. There is so much happening and I need to live in present and carry forward the best from the past as a legacy of relations for a future life. Sid is a friend, so are the no couples Ritika and Gautam, and Rajan and Ritika. And how can I forget Sabir. He turns 6 months old tomorrow. Make it count. That will be your power.

Mandy coming into my dreams on 15th June 2017 morning is not meant for me to go into my 10 year old past, trying matching today’s date with the 2007 moment, but understanding that it really meant to remember Sabir’s 6 month birth anniversary which falls tomorrow.

I finally got the answer for, “Kya hua Chadz?”

When you can’t control what’s happening, challenge yourself to control the way you respond to what’s happening. That’s where your power is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mohabbatein Lessons, 20 Years On!

Mar Bhi Jayein Pyar Walein.. Mitt Bhi Jayein Yaar Walein.. Zinda Rehti Hai Unki Mohabbatein.. In year 2000, filmmaker and scion ...