Thursday, June 29, 2017

Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara

If it is important for you, you will find a way. If not, you’ll find an excuse.

A day filled with travelling unlike any other I have done. I wanted to run away or make excuse at times, but since better luck of a sense prevailed and I realised that I can find ways over excuses.

Chuck is supposed to leave for own him tomorrow, and so keeping in view of that, and my own little need to take him out myself, I had asked Tia out for a Lunch Date at Puppychino Café at Shahpur Jat. Ever since Miki Maami had spoken about this place, my heart was set on it. I don’t know if it was because of show off, or probably once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to do something like that, or just my fatherly feeling for the munchkin, I just wanted it.

It wasn’t healthy though, taking Chuck out of home listening to Mom’s grunts over my ‘attitude’, but we were finally off in a cab. He sat well-mannered and I was so proud of him. However, more than an hour in cab, the nervous started to kick in. Because I started feeling that he has not been to a ride this long, and also I was not the one to irritate play with him, to keep him from not getting bored. I guess, we all, Me, Bhai, Bhabhi, have our own place for Chuck’s time. I guess I strongly realised this time that a child needs two parents and a family for his varied needs and even the parents don’t have to be same in outlook but complement each other in all their positives and individual shortcomings.

Your Priorities are your character.

I was happy to see Tia after a long time. It’s always nice being around him, both in person and on-phone. He took to Chuck with a laugh I can still hear in my mind. It was adorable. At times I felt I was using him for company as I wanted to take Chuck out to this Café (was it Chuck take me out to this café) as my entire concentration was on Chuck – as to whether or not he was getting bored, or when was his food being served, or is it okay to give him ice-cream, or whether he is felling hungry or lonely, or just about his safety. But Tia never once showed any sign of it and I am blessed that the only guy I could ever really date DATE in my life is him.

We have been out on 4 old-school dates now. I don’t know how it will pan out in my life, but I will always like to have him close to my heart in whatever closeness life envisages for us. Being with him has given me a character that makes me happy about myself, unlike anyone I have ever been out in the normal yet gay world. He is someone who sees me and treats me as a person to date and not a gay meet. Not all we talk is my immediate personality, but I still enjoy every moment of it.

Talking about personality, I also had Nupur in town. How nice a person may be to think about you as a person to spend time with, while she is on a stop-over in Delhi from Nepal. He stories and life makes me jealous, I won’t lie, because one of my strongest personality trait makes me wish to travel for living like her. But what is more important than that jealously is my wish to at least listen to her stories first hand.

So despite an unforeseen expensive during the date, esp with all the cab travel, and then tired at home for Chuck’s safety was priority, I excused myself from home with a “I am talking to a friend over phone as I take a walk”. Meeting her in Connaught Place, I was introduced to Mohit, a friend of hers and also a fellow traveler but one with a travel start-up. About three hours, including travel time to-and-fro home, with the two was amazing experience. Like I mentioned before, meeting and getting to know people living life happily on their terms, in person.

The key is not to prioritise what’s on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.

At home, it was Continental dinner with Indian also prepared. I ate the former and said I will take the rest later as I was not much hungry them. Basically, it was the Subway Sandwich with Nupur and Mohit that had my tummy pretty full. Add to that, the chow mein I had in continental dinner.

Whilst at dinner, we had Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara playing on Cable and we stopped flipping channels to watch it. We manje in Bhabhi and me. We even joked about the idea of throwing away Bhai’s phone, the way Farhan did with Hrithik. What a sight it will, if it ever happened. *sigh* *bit-scared-also* LOL.

It was exactly this time, when Ralli called up. He had called in the evening also while I was on my way to Connaught Place, as he wanted meet. Max passed away yesterday morning. No more pain for him.

Ralli wanted to meet, for a quick get-away to Hudson Lane. I just could not say no to him. Good for me that I had told at home that I went to Shahpur Jat with Himanshu and with Ralli, I was just going to sit in his car and chat. But even with my open beard and beach shorts, we did go to BYD and had a hearty friend talk. He felt good and relax and I could not have asked for more. Max place can never be filled, I know. But Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara.

Time has a wonderful way of showing us what really matters.

Home before midnight, I started to feel uncomfortable thinking I did not get to give Chuck his last night medications and even wish him good night. However, the universe wanted me to have that too, maybe for my well scheduling of my priorities, at least for the day.

A fight broke out in front lane as a puppy stranded to our lane from behind. It was scary seeing the intense physical fight, as I had not seen anything like that ever. But the fight brought Bhai also downstairs and this gave me the opportunity to know Chuck did not take his medications, gifting me one last time to be with my baby.


I couldn’t be more happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mohabbatein Lessons, 20 Years On!

Mar Bhi Jayein Pyar Walein.. Mitt Bhi Jayein Yaar Walein.. Zinda Rehti Hai Unki Mohabbatein.. In year 2000, filmmaker and scion ...