Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Hoodwinked

Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.

I did not much think about this before but as the more I build an honest and good friendship with myself, the greater I find myself failing in friendship with my close friends – left, right and centre. However, what really concerns me is the feeling that all these friends, whom I do love dearly, don’t want me to give my blunt and honest opinion.

I am called judgmental and nit-picker for correcting them. Maybe, and I read this about myself in utmost scrutiny, I am deceiving them for questing the wrong questions, because the last thing I can be blamed for is not being a patient listener, and I say that with humble self confidence.

Life is, however, much more than friends at the moment. My recent biggest concern is taking the shape of hoodwinking my careering into jeopardy. Silent whispers are growing louder in my extra sensitive ears, all thanks to my mother. I am being reticent about my life plans, mostly with maybe a seemingly pre-conceived notion that no one will understand it – especially coming from a 28 year old guy.

Can I take a leap of faith?
Do I really want to take a leap of faith?

I have major reservations at present, but the reality cannot be ignored also. I live in a society and I am accountable to my family. Since I just can’t seem to make myself get along with speaking sweet nothings to the people around me, maybe I need to be smarter in relationships. Better than life making you feel hoodwinked.

I love a good view along the sea shore but one can not get trapped in a single sight, unless the one within myself.

Sometimes you win,
Sometimes you learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mohabbatein Lessons, 20 Years On!

Mar Bhi Jayein Pyar Walein.. Mitt Bhi Jayein Yaar Walein.. Zinda Rehti Hai Unki Mohabbatein.. In year 2000, filmmaker and scion ...