Saturday, October 24, 2015

I Have Grown Up!



Tonight, it was another umpteenth time I was watching Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2. My mother always jokes about my craze for the series and it is kind of a simple yet adorable moment because it makes my mom laugh on my craziness. But it was different tonight; same yet something new and unexplored.

I was getting emotional towards the ending as amidst multiple reasons, the film and the whole series by JK Rowling reminds me of the childhood that went by and how life has and will always move on.

The "19 years Later" screenplay was about to make me cry (as always) as I was being consumed with the feeling of "I don't want to grow old" but something new struck in my heart, mind and soul this time.

The visuals of Kings Cross Station, Wizard Parents lining up to board their children and then Harry arrives with Ginny Weasley and their children and we see Ron and Hermione and even Draco with their own and I felt emotional of a different kind. It felt like such a beautiful blessing to grow up and to live a life of fulfillment as a Family of my own.

Did I ever felt this emotion before, I really don't know. But what I do know is I have never felt happy about growing up and old each and every day like I am experiencing right now as I write.

The friendships I make, the relationships I will nurture, and the life experiences I will live will all contribute as a choice of life I will have in my future. I am not perfect, but so was Harry. It was his choices that made him who he became.

"It is not our abilities that show what we truly are. It is our choice."

Happy to be Growing Up. Happy to be Grown Old, and Wise, if I may say. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mohabbatein Lessons, 20 Years On!

Mar Bhi Jayein Pyar Walein.. Mitt Bhi Jayein Yaar Walein.. Zinda Rehti Hai Unki Mohabbatein.. In year 2000, filmmaker and scion ...